Stomach Pain is generally characterized by pain in any the area between the chest and groin. Most of the times, the severity is felt on the sides. Stomach pain could be mild as well as severe. Both male and female may experience stomach pain some time or other. Bad eating habits make children more prone to this ailment.
Common stomach ache symptoms:
- Mild to severe pain in the area below chest and groin
- Sudden pain after eating or drinking something
- Severe pain on one side above waist
- Severity of pain fluctuates upon body movement
Reasons for Stomach Ache:
Stomach pain can occur due to various reasons. The most important ones being:
- Gas or Acid reflux
- Indigestion (especially inability to digest lactose and wheat)
- Food poisoning
- Internal injury inflamation or ulcers (rare)
- Kidney stones
- Gallbladder infection
Natural and home remedies for stomach pain:
Stomach ache pain can be very very frustrating. And most of the times it’s because of bad eating habits. Take the following steps to get immidiate relief from stomach pain from improper food.
- Drink plenty of water (ofcourse,clean water). Water helps easy bowel movement.
- DO NOT take junk food e.g. noodles, chips, etc.
- Avoid spicy food and alcohol.
- Eat fibrous food, green leafy vegetables and fruits.
- As a preventive measure, do regular mild excercise or walk.
- Another effective solution is lemon tea with honey. Drink small sips 4-5 times a day.
If, even after following some of the methods above, the stomach ache appears to be constant; this could be gallbladder infection. Consult a doctor immediately.
9 Comments on “Home Remedies for Stomach Pain”
A chronic stomach ache is most often diagnosed with ulcers. Hence do not take a chance if the pain is chronic. As such a mild but chronic stomach pain can also present life-threatening conditions like cancer. The patient must consult his/her family physician ASAP.
Do you really suggest all the 90% of human population must see doctor for the stomach ache they had some day or the other?
I have mentioned ‘chronic’. Stomach ache does not usually last for more than a few hours. If someone feels the pain almost all the time over a period of days, that could be something to worry about.
Hey I would like to get a home remedy for menstrual stomach ache.
Thanks Dr Alex.
What people often complain about menstrual stomach pain is mainly menstrual cramps. If you notice properly, the pain is at much lower location than your stomach.
Eventhough such cramps are normal, if it’s very painful or distracting, take some pain relieving steps such as hot water bag, a heating pad, or even some analgesic strictly under prescription of a doctor.
A paste of ginger can be rubbed gently over the affected area for relief from stomach pain. This is a welknown remedy.
Unless it’s chronic, there’s nothing to worry. DO NOT panic; it will take care of itself.
I hav had pains that come and go on my left and right hand side of my stomach that hav been ther for 2 weeks I went to the doctors but they said I need more fibre so I changes my diet but still hav the pains don’t no what to do ?