Toothaches, those sharp throbbing feelings in a tooth, as well as acute tooth sensitivity, is experienced by many of us sometime or the other. A toothache usually results when the pulp, the innermost layer of the tooth and the part that contains the blood and nerve supply, becomes irritated and inflamed. The ache may be a constant dry, throbbing pain or a sharp, stabbing one or it may hurt only when you chew or bite something on the tooth. Most often an infected tooth becomes highly sensitive to heat or cold.
Toothache Cause and Symptoms:
Most toothaches are due to a build up of bacteria and decay in the mouth. It commonly occur when decay erodes the tooth enamel (the outer covering of the tooth) and the dentin (the body of the tooth), the two layers that surround the tooth pulp. The decay eventually penetrates the tooth’s tissue (the pulp, located at the center of the tooth). This results in inflammation, which leads to pressure and pain. Toothache may also be caused by gum disease, poor restorative dental work, infection or inflammation of the pulp, death of the tooth’s nerve, and injury to a tooth, a loose tooth, loss of a filling or crown, or receding gums. A sinus infection can sometimes cause pain that mimics a toothache as well.
Toothache home remedy
It’s ideal to consult your dentist as soon as possible. Lack of proper treatment of underlying cause of a toothache could result in the permanent loss of the tooth.
Home remedies listed here can provide effective relief (temporary) until you visit the dentist.
- Clove oil (Eugenol) is very effective pain reliever for toothaches, mainly the variety related to temperature sensitivity. Apply a few drops of clove oil directly onto the affected tooth, or the cavity for fast relief. Oil of Cloves is generally available as an over-the-counter drug.
- Warm salt-water for toothache relief: Swish warm salt water to temporarily reduce toothache. Mix 2-3 teaspoons of salt into a warm glass of warm water and use it as a mouthwash. The salt helps clean the area surrounding the infected tooth, and also helps draw out some of the fluids thereby reducing the swelling and tooth-pain.
- Similar to Clove oil, essential oils e.g. chamomile, peppermint, and tea tree do help ease the tooth pain. Apply a drop of any of these oils onto the aching tooth and the surrounding area.
- Treatment with Tea Tree Oil: Tea Tree Oil mouth wash helps provide relief from toothache. The tea tree oil (mixed with water) will penetrate into the gums and de-sensitize the nerves of the tooth thereby reduces pain.
- To soothe teething pain in babies, chamomile oil is one of the safest and most effective remedies.
- Massage Baby’s Teething Blend onto the affected gum area.
- Active ingredients in Green Tea helps treat infections and reduce inflammation. Drink a cup of Green Tea twice daily while toothache is present.
- Cinnamon and honey: A paste of one teaspoon of cinnamon powder with 4 teaspoons of honey, if applied directly onto the aching tooth 2 to 3 times a day, helps relieve the pain faster.
- To alleviate the soreness and pain, simply rub a small amount of Black Seed Oil on the affected gum and tooth.
- For additional relief, apply a Toothache Compress on your face near the aching tooth.
If the toothache symptoms sustain over multiple days, it’s best to consult your dentist as soon as possible to avoid loss of the precious teeth.
7 Comments on “Home Remedies for Toothache Relief”
My mother-in-law is dealing with toothache. I think the pain is caused by a cavity. Sometimes she is getting unbearable pain. How can she get some relief from the pain?
She must gargle with Lysterine. It will provide her some measure of relief. Swish the stuff around the offending tooth, gently at first, then vigorously. Repeat this as many as three to four times. Warm salt water will also relieve the pain.
Toothache is a common problem faced by many of us. What is the first easy way to get relief from it?
The first easy way to get some relief from toothache is rubbing clove oil on the gum of affected teeth.It can bring you immediate relief for some time.
Yes, the clove oil is very effective. You must store it in your home for instant use. It works very quickly.
pg slot ฟรี เครดิต แค่สมัครสมาชิกวันนี้รับทันทีเครดิต100% ฝากถอนง่ายๆไม่กี่ขั้นตอนกับเกมสล็อตออนไลน์คุณภาพอย่างค่าย PG SLOT ที่เว็บ PG-SLOT.GAME ของเรามอบให้ลูกค้าทุกท่าน
สล็อต ออ โต้ คืออะไร หรือที่เรียกกันว่า สล็อตอัตโนมัติ คือเกมคาสิโนออนไลน์ที่ได้รับความนิยมอย่างมากในปัจจุบัน โดยเกมนี้มีรูปแบบการเล่นที่ง่าย ใน PG ไม่ต้องใช้ทักษะพิเศษอะไรมากมาย และมีเงินรางวัลที่สูง